Tuesday, April 1, 2008

You never know who is going to come walking down that aisle...

From my post behind the counter, I can see the ends of several different aisles, and you never really know who is going to come walking out of them. One day as I was ringing people out, a lady came walking down one of the aisles saying, "I see Jesus! He comes to me." I was completely dumbfounded. I didn't know what to do! She kept going on and on until I had finished ringing her out:

"I see Jesus. He appears to me! He is the most handsome man in the world! If you ever see Him, you will never want to look at another man again! You can see Him too! All you have to do is say, 'Jesus, come to me!' and he will appear to you too! But don't forget the Christ! You have to say, 'Jesus Christ, come to me!' and he will appear to you! He is my best friend, I should know! He will come to you too!"

Finally, she returned up the aisle from whence she came. I turned to the pharmacist and we shared a what-the-heck-just-happened look and began to laugh histerically!

FYI: If you read the Bible, you would know that when Jesus came to earth, he was not physically attractive...

"He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him, nothing in his appearance that we should desire him." Isaiah 53:2b

No comments: