Sunday, April 27, 2008

I'll ask a simple question if I may.

Whenever someone comes to the register, I'm supposed to ask them if they have their pharmacy bonus-card thing. I'm so used to doing that every time a new customer comes up to me that, sometimes even as people are handing me their card or after I have scanned it, I still ask them, "Do you have your bonus-card?" It's ridiculous. I'm so trained to ask that question, that I don't even think about it! Then, I end up making a fool out of myself. When that happens, I try to laugh it off and say, "Oh, yeah....ha ha. It's right in front of me." but it's too late. The mistake has been made. I've already made myself look like an idiot in front of the customer. Good one, Kathryn. =(

5 comments:

Noelle said...

Aww, I sympathize.

There's nothing like giving a customer the 10% senior citizen discount and then them being offended because they think I think they look old.

Offering the senior club card is even worse. Haha.

samm said...

I was being asked if I wanted the senior's discount long before I officially became a senior. I felt good about myself until I read this.

bloggdogg said...

your giving them drugs haha they shouldnt mind

Anonymous said...

I did that sort of thing all the time when I was a waiter. I'd be busy and ask another server to get one of my new tables drinks and then I'd come up to them and be like "Thanks for waiting, welcome to The Works, my name is Matt, can I get you something to drink?...oh wait, you already have drinks, I'm an idiot" Laughter would ensue and I'd be left standing there, looking dumb.

Brittany said...

I have a habbit of asking them if they have a CVS card twice.

I just want to be sure, ya know. haha