Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Boy Afraid

I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but our store's selection of condoms is situated right beside the pharmacy. So, if you are planning on buying condoms, there is a good chance I will see you looking. Some people are embarrassed to be seen looking at the condoms though and try to brush it off casually, taking glances while I am not looking.

Last night a boy came in who obviously wanted to look at the condoms, but was too afraid of being seen. So, he would walk around and hide in the aisles trying to look at them from afar. Then, he would casually stroll closer, pretending to look at the items adjacent to the condoms display. It was hilarious! As soon as I would look at him, he would quickly turn away. I would watch as his eyes rolled around gazing at anything but the condoms; the ceiling, the floor, the glasses display. It was so funny! The pharmacist saw the kid just kind of loitering around the condoms section and gave me a what-the-heck-is-that-kid-doing look. I just ducked behind the counter and laughed.

2 comments:

Noelle said...

So, did he end up getting them? LOL

Brittany said...

I say: if the person isn't comfortable enough looking at the condoms then they shouldn't have a need to buy and use them.

Also, I always hate telling people who buy them to have a good night....because obviously they're going to. haha