Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sometimes people just want to talk...

Working in retail, you find that sometimes people just want to talk. They have something to say and there you are. So, they tell you silly things, things that are of little or no consequence to you, but are just something the customer felt the need to share. They tell you the silliest things, like that their dog likes peanut butter M&M's or that they really enjoy a certain book series that their daughter buys them or that they have a son who just graduated from college or that they enjoy singing and even made a private recording once. It's just little things. Glimpses into the lives of my customers, but they mean something to them and the fact that they wish to share that little piece of information about their life says this. So, when people want to tell me something about their lives I listen, because even if it is of little consequence to me, it means something to them.

1 comment:

Noelle said...

I know exactly how you feel; I have customers who walk in and want to pour their hearts out..on anything.