Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I hate you. I hate you not.

"Miss? I need to buy some mascara. What kind would you recommend?"

I hate it when people ask me questions concerning the cosmetics section. I don't wear make-up and so I don't really know a lot about it. So, when a lady asked me about a beauty product one day, I had to tell her this... BIG mistake. After I told her, she started off on a tangent of unending contradictions. She kept saying:

"You don't wear make-up? Oh, you're so pretty! I hate you! You don't wear make-up? You should be on Top Model! Oh, I hate you! Well, no. I don't really hate you, but I hate you! You are so pretty! I hate you. And you don't have to wear make-up! I hate you! Well, you know, I don't really hate you. But oh, I hate you!"

It went on like this for about ten minutes and all I could do was nod and smile. I felt as though the women had enlisted the age-old method of pulling off flower petals in order to figure how she felt about me:

I hate you. I hate you not. I hate you. I hate you not.

2 comments:

Noelle said...

..or she took too many pills from the pharmacy section.

I love work stories, very entertaining :)

Brittany said...

Hahaha oh this is classic.

I'm a personal fan of guys asking me what kind of perfume they should buy for their wife. Like I know?!

So I just tell them what I would want...haha.