Saturday, April 26, 2008

The never-ending battle.

Tonight at work, my boss asked me to sweep up the petals that had blown in off of the trees outside. There were a ton, but I was up to the challenge! I swept the foyer spotless. Next thing I knew, I looked over and the floor was coated with petals again! No matter how much I vacuumed, the petals just kept being blown in! Figuring it was a pointless struggle, I decided to quit. However, my boss was like, "Well, you should keep vacuuming every now and then. Otherwise, people will be up to their ankles in petals when they try to walk in the door." So, I continued my never-ending battle against the flower petals, vacuuming every couple of hours or so. Fortunately, it rained toward closing time. So, I was able to vacuum up all the petals without more blowing in. Thanks to the rain, I managed to come out victorious! Stupid petals....

2 comments:

Noelle said...

At my job it's leaves and dirt and mulch, because people drag it in.

sweeping takes a lot of skill though =)

Hector Chavez said...

i make most of my money by vacuuming.

some of these word verification thingies are impossible to read. i'm on my third one.